Bruce Heller, M.D. is a practicing dermatologist in New York City with over 30 years of experience. Dr. Heller received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical School in Philadelphia and completed his internship at North Shore Hospital-Cornell University Medical College.
He completed his residency in dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York and Dr. Heller later became Chief Resident of Mount Sinai Dermatology Department. Dr. Heller has contributed to many leading journals throughout his career and has shared his expertise on various dermatologic subjects on numerous talk radio segments. He is a Fellow of The American Academy of Dermatology. He is a contributing author in the New England Journal of Medicine and authored the chapter on Dermatology in the medical textbook titled Ambulatory Medicine (Raven Press, 1984). Dr. Heller opened his private practice on West 57th Street in Manhattan in 1985 and continues to practice at the same location, and has since created a following of loyal dermatology patients. In addition to seeing patients at his practice, Dr. Heller is an assistant clinical professor at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
Dr. Heller has received many accolades and awards over the years and has been a member of numerous dermatologic societies, including The American Academy of Dermatology, Society of Investigative Dermatology, Skin Cancer Foundation, and New York State Society of Dermatology. He is a Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners. Dr. Heller is excited to join the team at Schweiger Dermatology Group where he will continue to provide his patients with the same level of personalized care he has given them over the past 30 years.
Meet Bruce Heller, MD
- Board-Certified Dermatologist
- 35+ years of Dermatology experience
- Contributing author in the New England Journal of Medicine
- Authored the chapter on Dermatology in medical textbook titled Ambulatory Medicine (Raven Press, 1984)
- Assistant Clinical Professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Rated in the top 97% on the Dermatology Board in service exam
- General & Medical Dermatology
- Warts & Skin Rashes
- Skin Cancer & Moles
- Hair loss
- Allergy testing
- Removal of skin growths
- Medical degree from Jefferson Medical School in Philadelphia and completed his residency in dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York
- Was Chief Resident at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Dermatology Dept, NYC
- Has been a Member of numerous dermatological societies, including American Academy of Dermatology, Society of Investigative Dermatology, Skin Cancer Foundation, New York State Society of Dermatology and a Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners
- Three Teacher of the Year Awards from Mount Sinai Medical School, Dermatology Department
- Chief of Clinic, MSMS Dermatology Department 2007
- 3 patient choice awards: 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Top doctor award 2014 & 2016