Ultherapy is a non-invasive procedure used for neck tightening and tightening on other face areas. This cosmetic treatment is innovative in using ultrasound technology to perform what previously could only be achieved through surgery.
Ultherapy does not require surgery; it uses ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen and elastin within the skin. This process can dramatically improve your appearance by tightening lax skin and improving the appearance and contouring of your face and neck with a single treatment.
How Ultherapy Tightens the Skin
Ultherapy works by emitting ultrasound energy, similar to the energy used to perform an ultrasound during pregnancy! In this case, the ultrasound energy targets deeper layers of the skin to stimulate the production of new, healthy collagen and elastin.
This process results in smoother, tighter, and healthier-looking skin without surgery. Tightening the skin is achieved by mobilizing your skin cells to rejuvenate the appearance of your skin.
The treatment is so effective for tightening that many people have begun to refer to it as a non-surgical facelift. A single treatment of Ultherapy can address many problem areas on the face.
It can tighten and rejuvenate a lax, aging neck. Ultherapy can also improve the appearance of a ‘double chin’ when performed on the neck. It can also lift your brows to improve the tired appearance of heavy eyelids for a more youthful appearance.
Areas Ultherapy Can Treat
Ultherapy treats loose and sagging skin, creating a tighter and more contoured look. It is a non-surgical facelift and can be used to correct drooping brows and jowls and get rid of that ‘creepy’ effect as skin ages.
The top four areas where Ultherapy is used include:
While these are the most commonly treated areas, you can also use Ultherapy on other areas of the body.
What to Expect During Ultherapy
Ultratherapy is an in-office skin tightening procedure. The procedure takes about one hour.
When you arrive, you will discuss your treatment goals and create a treatment plan with your dermatologist. Perhaps you want to only concentrate on your neck, or maybe you want to tighten up the skin on your face and neck. Your treatment plan is tailored to your individual needs.
After cleaning the skin, the doctor will apply ultrasound gel to the treatment area. Then, they will place a smooth treatment applicator against your skin. You will feel tiny amounts of energy being transmitted under your skin. This means that the collagen-building process has started. You may experience a sensation of tingling or heat during this process.
The treatment session length depends on the area of the body and your treatment plan. Face and neck treatment usually takes 60-90 minutes, while the upper chest area takes around 30 minutes.
The Side Effects of Ultherapy
One of the best things about Ultherapy is that there are no side effects. You will likely experience mild discomfort and almost no visual signs of treatment.
After treatment, you can return to your normal activities. It will take time for new collagen and elastin to be produced by your body following treatment. It can take about two to three months to see noticeable changes and about six months for all improvements to be noticeable.
Expected Results with Ultherapy
The results of Ultherapy are seen gradually in the months following the treatment. Since Ultherapy works by stimulating collagen and elastin in the skin with ultrasound energy, we must allow time for the collagen and elastin to be produced.
As new collagen and elastin are formed within the skin, the skin will appear tighter and smoother.
Dramatic results are first seen approximately two to three months following the treatment. The improvement continues to progress for up to six months following the initial treatment.
Benefits of Ultherapy
Surgery to tighten loose or sagging skin can be time-consuming and costly. Ultherapy is a great non-surgical alternative to lifting and tightening your skin that offers many benefits.
- No Downtime: Ultherapy is both non-surgical and non-invasive. There is no post-treatment care or downtime needed. It is the perfect treatment for people with busy schedules and lives who can’t afford surgery downtime.
- Safe: Ultherapy is approved by the FDA for sagging facial skin. The treatment is safe, and no harmful substances are applied to your skin. The ultrasound technology behind Ultherapy has been around for over half a century.
- Quick: The treatment is quick, usually taking less than an hour per treatment area. You don’t need medical attention after the treatment. You don’t have to take time off work to rest. You can get back to your normal daily activities immediately.
- Long-Lasting: How long the results last depends on the person. However, it is common for one treatment to last at least one year to multiple years.
- Natural Results: The treatment stimulates your cells under the skin to produce new collagen, a naturally occurring protein in the human body. Collagen keeps your skin looking healthy. The results from the treatment will appear gradually over time, producing more natural-looking results that occur over three to six months.
- Reduce the Effects of Aging: Some of the most telltale signs of aging include loose and sagging skin on the jawlines and cheeks, drooping eyelids, and wrinkles. Ultherapy restores collagen, firms the skin, and gives it a youthful appearance, helping reduce aging effects.
Ultherapy Treatment Near You in NY, NJ, PA, CT and FL
Schweiger Dermatology Group offers Ultherapy treatments near you in NY, NJ, PA, CT and FL. Call us at (844) DERM-DOC to set up your consultation today.
To find a location near you, check out our location pages. We look forward to working together to find the best treatment for your skin!