Thermage is a non-invasive treatment used to stimulate the production of your skin’s collagen. This results in tighter and firmer skin on the treated area.
Thermage is an excellent treatment for contouring and tightening and can treat both the face and body. Thermage can also tighten and improve skin texture on the body.
Many people find that Thermage treatment allows them to avoid a more invasive facelift. A single treatment can produce long-lasting results.
How Thermage Works
Thermage works by sending radiofrequency energy through the skin’s surface. This stimulates healthy collagen production under the skin.
Stimulating collagen production improves your skin’s texture. The skin also becomes tauter and healthier. This leads to a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance.
Thermage heats the collagen fibers within your skin. When the heat from the device reaches the underlying tissue, it causes a positive reaction that results in the growth of new collagen.
The tip of the applicator makes gentle contact with your skin, sending non-invasive radiofrequency energy into your body. The deep heat remodels your existing collagen and encourages new cell growth.
There is no surgery or invasive component to this treatment. You will not have any surgical scars after the treatment, nor do you need to plan for downtime after your Thermage treatment.
What You Can Treat with Thermage
Thermage is a unique cosmetic treatment used on many areas of the face and body, including:
Thermage treatment can be used on the face to tighten lax skin, improve the face’s natural contour, and decrease the appearance of heavy jowls. Thermage can also be used to target the appearance of fine lines around the eyes and lift heavy brows that give you a tired appearance.
Thermage treatment can be used on body parts other than the face and neck to tighten and contour your skin. For example, it can tighten loose skin around the abdomen and is a popular treatment for women after childbirth.
Thermage can also be used to tighten loose skin above the knees, decrease cellulite on the thighs and buttocks, and enhance the upper arms’ appearance by improving the skin texture in that area.
What to Expect During Thermage Treatment
First, the skin around the treatment area is cleaned. Then, a temporary grid is applied to the skin in the treatment area, and a thin layer of gel is spread over the site. This helps to identify the treatment area.
A small handpiece is attached to the Thermage machine. The handpiece delivers short pulses of vibration and heat to the treatment area. The newest Thermage CPT technology is designed to provide the most effective and painless treatment.
The treatment usually takes about one hour, depending on the treatment area. Immediately following the treatment, your skin may have very mild redness for a few minutes. You can cover this redness with makeup or just allow it to fade away naturally.
Side Effects of Thermage Treatment
Thermage treatment usually lasts approximately one hour, during which you will feel very little pain if any. At Schweiger Dermatology Group, we use the latest technology to ensure you are as comfortable as possible.
After the treatment, you may experience some mild redness directly on the treated area. This will quickly go away and usually doesn’t last more than 24 hours.
Overall, Thermage is a very safe treatment option. There is no downtime or complex after-care after a Thermage treatment.
How to Get the Most From Your Thermage Treatment
There are steps you can take to maximize your Thermage results.
- Hydrate: On the day of your treatment, be sure to show up well hydrated.
- Scheduling: If you get other wrinkle treatments, schedule your Thermage treatment at least four weeks later. You don’t want to stack anti-wrinkle treatments on top of one another. That could damage your skin and impact your overall results.
- Sun Safety: Apply at least SPF 50+ sunscreen to the treated area anytime you go outside. Reapply sunscreen every two hours if you remain outdoors for an extended period.
Top Benefits of Thermage Treatment
When considering treatments to improve the appearance of your skin, many benefits come with Thermage treatment.
- Non-invasive: There are no surgeries or injections with Thermage.
- Single Treatment: You only need one treatment per area to achieve desired results. A single treatment generally takes between 30-60 minutes, depending on the size and location of the treatment area.
- Painless: The treatment is quick and painless.
- Minimal Downtime: You don’t have to alter your plans. After treatment, you can resume regular activities.
- Versatile: Thermage can be used to treat wrinkles and loose skin on both the face and body.
- Long-lasting: The results you get are long-lasting. One treatment can produce results for years.
Thermage is a safe and non-invasive way to treat wrinkles and loose skin.
Thermage Treatment Near You in NY, NJ, PA, CT and FL
Schweiger Dermatology Group offers Thermage treatments near you in NY, NJ, PA, CT and FL. Call us at (844) DERM-DOC to set up your consultation today.
To find a location near you, check out our location pages. We look forward to working together to find the best treatment for your skin!