Schweiger Dermatology Group and its family of companies (hereafter, “Schweiger Dermatology Group,” “we,” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
To learn more about how Schweiger Dermatology Group may use and disclose your health information and how you can get access to such information, see our Notice of Privacy Practices here: https://www.schweigerderm.com/terms-conditions/
This policy may change from time to time. It is our policy to post any changes we make to this policy on this page. Your continued use of the Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Please read this policy carefully to understand Schweiger Dermatology Group’s practices. If you do not agree with this policy, your choice is not to use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this policy.
The information and advice published or made available on the Website is intended solely for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, nor does it establish or constitute a physician-patient relationship. Please see your physician promptly with any healthcare related questions.
Schweiger Dermatology Group collects several types of information via the Website:
- Personal Information: Schweiger Dermatology Group may collect personal information that identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”) such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, age and or date of birth, gender, insurance information, health and medical information or other protected health information, account numbers, financial and payment information such as credit card information, and any other information you choose to provide us.
- Usage Information: Schweiger Dermatology Group may also collect certain information about the use of the Website and other information made available by your web browser or internet service provider (collectively, “Usage Information”). Usage Information may include your language settings, browser type, operating system, numerical IP address, location and pages viewed.
Schweiger Dermatology Group may obtain certain of this Usage Information by installing a “cookie” on your computer/device (or using a third party to do so).
How We Use Your Information
Schweiger Dermatology Group may use information that we collect (including Personal Information) for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To identify visitors, customize the content and/or layout of pages for each individual visitor;
- To carry out research on customer demographics, interests and behaviors;
- To provide marketing messages relevant to your interests;
- To transact business with you such as to allow you to pay your balance on-line, order products, schedule an appointment, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form;
- To respond to your inquiries or provide you with information regarding Schweiger Dermatology Group and the Website;
- As Schweiger Dermatology Group believes necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with legal processes and to respond to requests from public and governmental authorities; (b) to investigate security breaches; (c) to enforce the Website’s Terms & Conditions of Use; and (d) to protect Schweiger Dermatology Group’s rights, privacy, safety and property and the rights, privacy, safety and property of others;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- In any other way Schweiger Dermatology Group may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We use or may use Usage Information to determine traffic data (such as page views, visits, and unique visitors), geographic data (such as country, region, city, state), technology used (such as browser, device, operating system, java information, cookies and others), data path (such as entry and exit pages, exit links, page reloads, time spent on pages, flow through the Website and single page visits) and methods used to visit the Website (such as referring domains, referrers, search engines and search words used).
Third Party Sites and Services
The Website may contain links to other websites (“Linked Sites”). Schweiger Dermatology Group is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Schweiger Dermatology Group of the site or any association with its operators. Schweiger Dermatology Group does not control nor take responsibility for the content of any Linked Sites, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site.
Third Party Accounts
You will be able to connect your Schweiger Dermatology Group account to third party accounts. By connecting your Schweiger Dermatology Group account to any third party account, you acknowledge and agree that you are consenting to the continuous release of information about you to others (in accordance with your privacy settings on those third party sites). If you do not want information about you to be shared in this manner, do not use this feature.
We implement a variety of security measures for the Website to maintain the safety of your personal information from any loss, misuse or change of information that is under our control. Such security measures include firewalls, access restrictions and password protection.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your credit card information will not be stored on our servers. All other information collected through the Website will be retained for the length of time permitted by law. Personal identifiable information can be removed from our database at your request however we will retain non-personal identifiable information indefinitely.
Backup files contain records with your personal information. Removing a file from our active list does not remove the information from our back up files immediately however will be removed through the normal back up cycle.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. If you wish to keep the information you send us private, please do not use the email links or forms. Instead, contact us by phone at 212-283-3000.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Website or provide any information about yourself to Schweiger Dermatology Group, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information on the Website from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us using the information below.
The software and hardware you use to access the website allows you to refuse new cookies or delete existing cookies. Refusing or deleting these cookies may limit your ability to take advantage of some features of this website.
Schweiger Dermatology Group makes removing our tracking cookie easy for any user who wishes to do so. Users that don’t want to see Schweiger Dermatology Group Personalized Ads should email email@example.com with the subject “COOKIES AND WEB BEACON REMOVAL.”
If there are any questions regarding this policy you may contact us using the information below.
Schweiger Dermatology Group
Attn: Marketing Department
27-01 Queens Plaza Blvd, 10th Floor
LIC, NY 11101
You consent to receive electronic communications from Schweiger Dermatology Group and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and/or on the Website satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
You agree and consent that any claim or dispute that in any way relates to your use of this website is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of New York, New York. This consent and agreement also applies to any person attempting to advance a claim on your behalf.
The Website is controlled, operated and administered by Schweiger Dermatology Group from our offices within the USA. If you access the Website from a location outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not access or use the Website in any jurisdiction or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this policy at any time. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Website. Each version of our policy will be prominently marked with an effective date. Your continued use of the Website after the effective date of this policy (as modified from time to time) indicates your agreement to the terms hereof. If you disagree with any of the terms, please do not use the Website.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, repurpose, post, “scrape,” or use in any way of the content or images contained in this website without this practice’s prior written approval.
You agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless this practice from any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs and/or expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) that in any way relate to your use or misuse of this website. This shall include any third party claims which may arise as a consequence of your use of this website.