Christine M. Shaver, M.D., F.A.A.D., F.I.S.H.R.S.
Christine M. Shaver MD, FAAD, FISHRS is a board-certified and Mohs micrographic surgery fellowship-trained dermatologic surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss.
Dr. Shaver graduated from M.I.T. in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. She then went on to pursue medicine at New York Medical College where she graduated at the top of her class with distinguished Alpha Omega Alpha honors. She did her internal medicine internship at Yale University and then completed dermatology residency at Drexel – Hahnemann hospital in Philadelphia where she served as Chief Resident.
In her Mohs fellowship, Dr. Shaver learned advanced surgical skills that she now uses to perform meticulous hair transplants. This was followed by learning the Bernstein-Rassman methods of follicular unit transplantation and follicular unit extraction, first with Dr. Rassman in California and then under the mentorship of Dr. Robert Bernstein in New York.
With a background from M.I.T., it is natural for her to implement technological advancements in her work and thus uses the ARTAS robotic system for her FUE procedures. She also has a special interest in the field of hair cloning and hopes to someday use this to allow all her patients to be eligible candidates for hair transplantation.
As a member of Bernstein Medical, Dr. Shaver combines years of education with compassion and an extraordinary aesthetic eye, to empower her patients and offer natural results. While working under Dr. William Rassman, Dr. Shaver learned his novel Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) technique, a precise hair tattooing method that offers an improved appearance in hair volume using micro-needles. Dr. Shaver aims to bring her training in SMP to Bernstein Medical.
- Board Certified and Mohs Micrographic Surgery Fellowship-trained Dermatologic Surgeon
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Hair Loss
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Meticulous Hair Transplants using Advanced Surgical Skills
- Bernstein-Rassman Methods of FUT and FUE
- ARTAS Robotic System for FUE Procedures
- Special Interest in the Field of Hair Cloning
- Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) Technique
- Precise Hair Tattooing
- Extraordinary Aesthetic Eye
- Graduated from M.I.T.
- Degree in Medicine from New York Medical College
- Graduated with Alpha Omega Alpha Honors
- Internal Medicine Internship at Yale University
- Dermatology Residency at Drexel – Hahnemann hospital in Philadelphia