Improving the health of our patients through groundbreaking clinical research
The Schweiger Dermatology Group (SDG) Clinical Research Department Research Clinic is led by Dr. David Goldberg, founder of Skin, Laser and Surgery Specialist of New York and New Jersey. Dr. Goldberg brings more than 25 years of experience in conducting large multi-center clinical trials on a wide variety of cosmetic and medical devices, as well as pharmaceutical treatments. Our research team is committed to responsible research conducted under strict industry and safety standards.
Current Clinical Trials
Study: Multiple basal cell carcinoma (BCC)
Purpose: To determine the safety and effectiveness of an investigational topical gel for the treatment of multiple simultaneous facial BCCs that normally would require surgery.
- Adults 18 year of age and older
- Diagnosed with multiple BCC
Duration: Approx. 10.5 months/attend a total of 14 office visits
Compensation: If all visits are kept, up to $1100 will be paid to the patient *once all visits are completed*
Study: Atopic dermatitis
Purpose: A clinical research study to test the effectiveness of an investigational medication to reduce symptoms.
- Age 12 or older
- Have moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis for at least 2 years
Duration: 60 weeks/visiting the doctor’s office at least 16 times
Compensation: If all visits are kept, up to $1000 will be paid to the patient *once all visits are completed*
Study: Laser Acne Trial
Purpose: To evaluate the safety and efficacy of an investigational laser for the treatment of mild to moderate acne.
- Male and Females, 15-60 years old
- Diagnosed mild to moderate acne vulgaris
Duration: Approx. 52 weeks
Compensation: If all visits are kept, up to $325 will be paid to the patient *once all visits are completed*
What to expect during a clinical trial:
- Access to new investigational treatments before they are made widely available
- Financial compensation for participation
- An opportunity to contribute to the advancement of medical science through research
- Study visits conducted by a trained and dedicated research team
- Adherence to strict industry and safety standards.
- Evaluations performed by one of our certified provide