Frank J. Pinto Jr., MD
Frank J. Pinto Jr., MD, board certified in dermatology and is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery.
Dr. Pinto is a native of Fairfield County. He grew up in Easton and graduated from Fairfield Prep. He earned his undergraduate degree at Yale University, where he received a bachelor’s degree in Biology, magna cum laude. He earned his doctorate, cum laude, from Georgetown University School of Medicine and completed an internship in surgery at Naval Hospital San Diego. He then spent the next three years at the Naval Submarine Base in Groton, Connecticut, serving as an undersea medical officer. He then returned to Yale to complete a residency in dermatology, serving as chief resident his final year. While at Yale, he worked with Dr. Stuart H. Bender, a clinical member of the Yale faculty, and with Dr. Steven A. Kolenik III, who was a fellow resident.
After residency Dr. Pinto returned to the Navy, serving as a dermatologist first at U.S. Naval Hospital Guam, and then at the naval hospital in Beaufort, South Carolina. Following completion of his naval service, he entered private practice at Princeton Medical Group in Princeton, New Jersey. Prior to joining Connecticut Dermatology Group in 2009, Dr. Pinto was in solo practice in Tifton, Georgia, for more than 10 years.
He has extensive experience and expertise in all aspects of dermatology but specializes in skin cancer detection and treatment. He also has a particular interest in inflammatory and autoimmune skin disease, including psoriasis.
- Board certified in dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Experience of more than 20 years
- Skin cancer detection and treatment
- Inflammatory and autoimmune skin disease, including psoriasis
- Graduated from Fairfield Prep
- Undergraduate degree in Biology, magna cum laude from Yale University
- Doctorate, cum laude, from Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Internship in surgery at Naval Hospital San Diego
- Residency in dermatology from Yale, serving as chief resident his final year