Dr. Amilcar Rizzo received his Bachelor of Science degree in biology at UCLA.
He subsequently received a full scholarship and his MD degree at UC Davis School of Medicine, where he also graduated with the Loren D. Carlson Award – the highest research award given to a graduating medical student. Dr. Rizzo completed a surgical internship at the UCSF-East bay program. He then completed a dermatology residency at New York Medical College. Throughout his career he has conducted basic and clinical research with funding from the NIH and also the prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Fellows Program. He has published several articles in the leading dermatologic journal, Journal of Investigative Dermatology, and presented at multiple national and regional meetings.
In addition to practicing medical and surgical dermatology, Dr. Rizzo’s clinical interests are in nail disorders and cosmetic procedures such as Botox, chemical peels, and lasers. He is fluent in Spanish. Dr. Rizzo is dedicated in providing excellent patient care with educational, preventative, and leading-edge clinical updates.
- Basic and Clinical Research with Funding from the NIH and Howard Hughes Medical Fellows Program
- Published Several Articles in the Leading Dermatologic Journal, Journal of Investigative Dermatology
- Presented at Multiple National and Regional Meetings
- Medical and Surgical Dermatology
- Nail Disorders
- Cosmetic Procedures such as Botox, Chemical Peels, and Lasers
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology at UCLA
- MD Degree at UC Davis School of Medicine
- Received a Full Scholarship
- Graduated with the Loren D. Carlson Award
- Surgical Internship at the UCSF-East Bay Program
- Dermatology Residency at New York Medical College