Robert M. Bernstein MD, FAAD, FISHRS is clinical professor of dermatology at Columbia University, a world-renowned hair transplant surgeon, and founder of Bernstein Medical, the division of Schweiger Dermatology Group focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss in both men and women.
Dr. Bernstein’s landmark medical publications on Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) have revolutionized hair restoration surgery and provide the foundation for techniques used by hair transplant surgeons. Dr. Bernstein is respected for his honest and ethical assessment of a patient’s treatment options, exceptional surgical skills, and keen aesthetic sense in hair transplant design.
Dr. Bernstein has been recognized in the media for his contributions to hair restoration. He has been chosen as one of “America’s Top Doctors,” by Castle Connolly Medical and New York magazine’s “Best Doctors in New York” for eighteen consecutive years. He was included in New York magazine’s “Best Beauty Docs in New York” for his work in developing FUT and FUE.
Dr. Bernstein has achieved international fame within the field of hair restoration due to almost two decades of pioneering work. He was awarded the “Platinum Follicle Award” by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) for his outstanding achievement in scientific and clinical research in hair restoration. This is the highest honor awarded by the preeminent organization in hair restoration.
Dr. Bernstein graduated with honors from Tulane University, achieving the status of Tulane Scholar. He received the degree of Doctor of Medicine at Rutgers University, New Jersey Medical School where he was given the Dr. Bleiberg Award for “Excellence in Dermatology.” He received his dermatologic training at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Bernstein also holds an MBA from Columbia University.
- Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Columbia University
- Founder of Bernstein Medical
- Author of Landmark Medical Publications on Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Almost Two Decades of Pioneering Work
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Hair Loss in Both Men and Women
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Hair Restoration Surgery
- Hair Transplant Surgery
- Honest and Ethical Assessment of a Patient’s Treatment Options
- Keen Aesthetic Sense in Hair Transplant Design
- Graduated with Honors from Tulane University, Achieving the Status of Tulane Scholar
- Doctor of Medicine at Rutgers University, New Jersey Medical School
- Received the Dr. Bleiberg Award for “Excellence in Dermatology”
- Dermatologic Training from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York
- MBA from Columbia University
- Chosen as One of “America’s Top Doctors,” by Castle Connolly Medical
- New York Magazine’s “Best Doctors in New York” for eighteen consecutive years
- Included in New York magazine’s “Best Beauty Docs in New York”
- Awarded the “Platinum Follicle Award” by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)